Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Dr. Livingstone, I presume?

So since this is mainly to blog about my upcoming adventures to two (maybe three!) different continents, let me give you a brief rundown of my itinerary in Africa. We're landing in Johannesburg first for a couple of days, then on to Victoria Falls and Chobe National park for a few days, followed by Kruger National Park for a few more days for 'game viewing drive' (I prefer 'see cool animals in their natural habitat. Interestingly enough, my itinerary never once mentions the word 'safari'). Then Cape Town for a few more days and then on back to the US! Did I mention that my flight from DC to Johannesburg is 17 hours each way? I have dug up every electronic device I own to keep me entertained for at least a portion of that 17 hours. Maybe I'll bring some non-non-drowsy Dramamine pills to keep me unconscious for the rest of the 17 hours. Either way, it's going to be a loooong flight. This may be my last post for a while since I'm leaving first thing tomorrow morning! As an added farewell bonus, here's an imbedded youtube video of Victoria Falls, one of my top three places to see in the world (the other two being Petra and Machu Picchu). Mind you, I made this top three list when I was about 16, so actually getting to see one of them (and the one I originally thought least likely too) is pretty exciting for me.




No comments: